Learning Opportunities and Work Skills within Buddies Catering
Through fun learning, our catering department provides you with the opportunity to learn new skills or expand your knowledge of cooking. We use a variety of fresh ingredients from our farm to cook delicious meals. You will be working as part of a team, alongside our qualified Chefs.
Buddies catering will suit those who would like to develop their skills, confidence and experience working with food.
Here is a taster of what we do in this department :
- Cook with a variety of fresh ingredients from our farm
- Bake cakes
- Chutney and jam making
- Prepare and cook a main meal and dessert
- Seasonal baking
- Menu planning
- Stock control
- Help chef to run the Thorpe Luncheon Club
- Cook and serve meals within sheltered housing complexes
- You will learn new skills and expand your knowledge of cooking
- Basic Food Hygiene
We encourage you to participate with our outside catering, which we do weekly for various sheltered housing organisations. We also set up a luncheon club in Thorpe St Andrew for the elderly and isolated members of our community. Meeting new people, and working in a different environment can help you build your confidence levels. You will be fully supported by our Chef at all times.
Click on pictures for full view: